Follwoing on from Capcom’s recent Captivate event a wealth of new Dragon’s Dogma screenshots have been released. Don’t know what Dragon’s Dogma is? Capcom have all the details below:-
Dragon’s Dogma is an exciting new franchise which redefines the action/RPG genre from the team that produced some of Capcom’s greatest action games. Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma offers an exhilarating and fulfilling action combat game with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. Dragon’s Dogma introduces an innovative team system to the genre. Known as Pawns, these three AI partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability they have developed based on traits learned over time from the player and their actions.
By utilising Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network players will journey to the Rift where they can share their own Pawns with friends and be rewarded with treasure, knowledge of the world and strategies for taking down enemies. Conversely, players can borrow friends’ Pawns with the specific skills or experience required to tackle a particular quest. In addition, Dragon’s Dogma will ship with thousands of readymade Pawns for players to select offline.
With an epic story and incredible action, Dragon’s Dogma is set to be one of Capcom’s newest hit franchises.
• Resident Evil™ 6 demo – Dragon’s Dogma will ship with a redeemable token allowing purchasers access to the Resident Evil 6 demo.
• Highly Stylised Action Combat – The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits – Resident Evil™ 4 and Devil May Cry™ 4.
• Fight With Ability – The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
• Pawn Them All – The pawn system offers flexible combat assistance with a main pawn companion that you can train throughout the game and two support pawns that can vary wildly to fit your combat style and the demands of the quest.
• Help Your Friends, Help Yourself – To enhance your battle experience, share your main pawn with friends and others via Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. Your pawn’s experience as a member of someone else’s game will be passed on to you in loot, knowledge of the open world and strategies for taking down enemies. Or, you can choose one of the thousands of AI pawns included with the game.
• Share with friends – Dragon’s Dogma allows you to capture screen shots from anywhere in the game and share your gameplay experience via Facebook and Twitter. Players can also use this innovative feature to promote their main Pawn and increase the likelihood of it being rented, thereby gaining invaluable experience and items.
• Accessible Depth – Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armour – even the length of your legs – plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
• Epic Adventure – Dragon’s Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
• Open World – Utilising Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil™ 5 and Lost Planet™ 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
• Night and Day – The open world features a dynamic 24-hour day/night cycle that will offer different enemies and surprises depending on when you venture into the world.
• Customise – Dragon’s Dogma features rich character customisation options, and the choices made while customising your character may influence how you approach certain quests or battle situations.
• A Rich Population – In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you’ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
• More Dragon’s Dogma to come – Further your Dragon’s Dogma game experience with a robust suite of post launch DLC
Dragon’s Dogma is due to be release on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on 25th May in the UK. Stay tuned to newbreview.com for more details over the coming weeks.