Just in-case you don’t want to wade through their age verification thingy… (*sigh*) we have copied the post below!
Itâ€™s been a few weeks since our last update on Skyrimâ€™s status, so we wanted to share details on what weâ€™re working on.
The Creation Kit and Steam Workshop are nearly ready. Weâ€™re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and weâ€™re on track for a public release near the end of the month. We think Skyrim modding is one of the gameâ€™s best features, and we have the best modders of any game. Itâ€™s been a lot of exciting work for us, and we canâ€™t wait to unleash it.
Skyrimâ€™s 1.4 update is currently undergoing testing on all three platforms. The update will include fixes and optimizations for the most common issues people have been reporting (see below). Weâ€™re hoping to finalize this next week, and submit it to the console manufacturers for certification, as well as release on PC.
Our current update plan for the PC is to first release our updates as â€śbetaâ€ť versions through Steam. This is something youâ€™ll be able to opt into through Steam and back-out of if needed. This is an extra safety check for everyone going forward and should expedite and improve our updating process for our PC users. Weâ€™ll have more info soon on how this will work.
Echoing what we said back in December, weâ€™ll continue to look into issues that are being reported and subsequent updates will follow. You have all supported Skyrim in a huge way, and weâ€™ll be supporting all of you, and continue to make the game better.
Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)
- Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)
- General optimizations for memory and performance
- Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequinâ€™s in playerâ€™s house. (PS3)
- Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
- Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
- Memory optimizations related to scripting
- Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
- Fixed crash in Haemarâ€™s Shame if player had already completed â€śA Daedraâ€™s Best Friendâ€ť
- Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
- Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
- Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
- Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
- Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
- Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the playerâ€™s home
- Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in playerâ€™s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
- Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
- Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
- Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
- Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
- Fixed memory crash with container menu
- Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
- Fixed issue where traps in Shalidorâ€™s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
- Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
- Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
- The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing â€śDiplomatic Immunityâ€ť
- In â€śBreaching Securityâ€ť, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
- Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if â€śSeason Unendingâ€ť was an active quest
- Fixed issue where starting â€śSeason Unendingâ€ť after finishing â€śJoining the Stormcloaksâ€ť would prevent â€śThe Jagged Crownâ€ť from starting properly.
- Fixed issue progressing through â€śMessage to Whiterunâ€ť while â€śSeason Unendingâ€ť was still open would block progression for both quests.
- In â€śArnielâ€™s Endeavorâ€ť, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
- In â€śForbidden Legendâ€ť, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
- Fixed rare issue in â€śForbidden Legendâ€ť where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible
- In â€śThe White Phialâ€ť, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
- â€śThe White Phialâ€ť will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
- Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing â€śA Night to Rememberâ€ť
- Fixed issue where leaving Riften during â€śA Chance Arrangementâ€ť would prevent quest from progressing
- In â€śDarkness Returnsâ€ť, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
- In â€śUnder New Managementâ€ť, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
- â€śOnmundâ€™s Requestâ€ť will now start properly if player has already found Enthirâ€™s staff before receiving this quest
- Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
- â€śRepairing the Phialâ€ť will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
- Finding Panteaâ€™s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
- In â€śThe Coming of the Dawnâ€ť, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
- Fixed rare issue in â€śThe Mind of Madnessâ€ť where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
- Fixed issue in â€śPieces of the Pastâ€ť where Mehrunes Dagonâ€™s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
- â€śBloodâ€™s Honorâ€ť will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
- Fixed rare issue where â€śDampened Spiritsâ€ť would not start properly
- Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
- Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for â€śNo One Escapes Cidhna Mineâ€ť
- Fixed numerous issues with â€śBlood on the Iceâ€ť not triggering properly
- In â€śBlood on the Iceâ€ť, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
- In â€śThe Cure for Madnessâ€ť, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
- Fixed rare issue in â€śTo Kill an Empireâ€ť where an NPC would fail to die properly
- Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting â€śBoethiahâ€™s Championâ€ť no longer prevents quest from starting.
So there! All good things of course… but seriously… when? When? WHEN CAN WE RIDE THE DRAGONS!