In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:
· Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
· Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
· Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
· Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).
The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
· Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners
o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
· Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
We have been reliably informed that Ubisoft will be providing access to the beta through additional online giveaways.
So if you’re interested in accessing this beta, and don’t fancy preordering or taking your chances with an online giveaway, why not pick up a cheap copy of Splinter Cell Conviction? We happen to be very fond of it.